Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Monday on EI

Oh my, was today a beautiful day! Not a cloud in the sky and hot! But it was breezy on the beach. We had a great day. The waves were incredible, so the boogie boards got quite a work out. Now all the kids...including my brother-in-law Brian...have their own boards. There will be no sharing among these kids...go figure. After a few hours on the beach, we were at the pool - our house has its own pool - which was really nice. Alison is getting much more brave - she will go in the deep water, but only on her own, she does not want to be forced! Abbi has learned rotary breathing! Yah! I bribed my niece Becca with a new outfit from Justice. I told her if by Friday, Abbi is breathing on the side w/o lifting her head the whole way across the pool - then I will take her when we get home. They are working hard and it is showing...she almost has it.

Monday night, Doug, Brian and Jim drank a keg...I think. They were up late, in the hot tube and down on the beach. There were empty beer cans all over - I had to clean them up - then Doug had a hard time finding his bed - go figure. I swear we get to EI and they turn into Frat house idiots. At least they had fun.

Tonight I made Lobster Ravioli with a sun-dried tomato alfredo sauce. With salad and garlic bread. It was one of my top beach meals yet! I am really getting good at this. It was super yummy! Doug and the kids had spaghetti. I just can not get him to try any of it. His loose, our gain! Tuesday...my favorite - Crab cake melts.

Till tomorrow...

2 comments: