Tuesday, August 26, 2008

August CF Clinic Update

So, today Alison had CF clinic and, it was not one of her best. Her weight is still of huge concern to Dr. Shell, she only gained .2 k. Her PFT's were good at 106, but still not up to what they were pre-spring.

Dr. Shell and Alison had a heart to heart about eating, and how important it is to her health. In particular, how important it is for a dancer to keep her strength up and stay healthy.

There is a direct connection between pulmonary health and nutrician. Basically, Alison is the size and weight of a 4 year old...in case you've lost track, she is 7 1/2.

He is really concerned and talked to her about alternatives (G-tube) and told her that she is old enough to understand and be a part of the solution.

I think it was good for her to hear it from him. She was upset, but understood. So, after cheerleading we went to Kroger and she did some shopping. Here is what my pantry now looks like...


Full of Junk! All stuff he said to have her eat. I will try anything!

3 comments:

  1. Silas would be in heaven if he could eat all that junk!!
    hope Al starts gaining some weight soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all the kids will be in heaven if they see your pantry.
    I wish I could be more help here.
    I will keep crossing my fingers that her weight starts to go up. I know this hard on all you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully after having the heart to heart with the doctor, she will take more interest in choosing the right foods for her and eating away.

    ReplyDelete