Friday, August 15, 2008

Great News!

We had some exciting news in our house this week. When I went to the dance studio to sign Alison for the 08-09 dance season, I was pulled aside by the owner and Alison's tap teacher for a discussion about her "future". So, I am thinking, she is only 7 1/2 so what could they possibly be talking about? Well, Alison has been invited to be in the Competition Classes with Marjorie Jones School of Dance. I am so proud of her! They told me that they feel she has some natural abilities and that they would like her to have some more instruction on technique and that the Accelerated Competition classes are the place to do that. With all that kiddo has been through this past spring, this is some special news for her. She is so excited. Doug and I were taken by surprise, she missed 4 classes last spring leading up to recital, so we were concerned she lost some skill, but I guess not.
The first 2 years will be technique building with 3 or 4 competitions, and then if she chooses to continue on she will audition for level 3 and higher, with options for solos and duets. She is taking this very seriously, Daddy is even going to build her a "floor" so she can practice in the basement. We told her part of the this commitment is that she has to practice. So, I guess I will be dusting off my tap shoes so that I can help her out. Scary, I know. She even has her little dance friend Sadie moving up also, so she already will have a friend with her on the first day.


If you see her this week, holler at your girl some congratulations.

This was Alison at this past springs recital!

3 comments: